Gwyneth Paltrow’s Vagina Candle Exploded In UK Woman’s Living Room

Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Gwyneth Paltrow’s vaginal candle was apparently too hot to handle for some folks. Well, at least for one woman in the UK.

Jody Thompson of Kilburn, North London, told The Sun said she won the anatomically- inspired candle — called This Smells Like My Vagina — sold by Paltrow’s lifestyle brand Goop, in an online quiz.

The candle retails for US$75 (S$100) and its aroma is described to contain a “blend of geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed.”

Thompson, 50, a media consultant, said that after she lit the candle, a “50cm flame” leapt from the wick and out of the glass jar.

She told the paper, “The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere. I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.”

Good thing she wasn’t home alone. Thompson and her partner got the fiery situation under control and “threw [the candle] out the front door”. She added, “It could have burned the place down. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room.”

Responding to the incident, Goop, in a statement (per People magazine), said, “We’re in touch with the woman to see if she followed the specific fire safety instructions included with the candle, such as trimming the wick and not burning it for more than two hours. At goop, we vet the products we sell and make customer safety a priority, so we've alerted the manufacturer to the woman’s issue and have also reached out to her to send her some goop products to help pass the days in quarantine.”

Developed by perfumer Douglas Little of the artisanal fragrance label Heretic, the candle sold out quickly after its launch last January. It was reported that Elton John was one of the candle’s biggest customers.

Little said that the ‘Rocketman’ singer is a real “fan” and supposedly bought a “ton” of the product.

Photo: TPG News/Click Photos 

 

Seen on instagram

As Seen On Instagram