All playfields managed by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA) have been closed with immediate effect, SLA announced yesterday (Apr 11). These include playfields at Tanjong Rhu, Jalan Tembusu, Loyang Ave, Parry Ave, Woodleigh, Strathmore Road, Happy Avenue in Aljunied, and Jalan Bunga Rampai in Bartley.
All beaches in Singapore closed, including:
- East Coast Park
- Changi Beach Park
- Pasir Ris Park
- Punggol Point Park
- Sembawang Park
- West Coast Park
- St John’s Island
- Lazarus Island
- Kusu Island
Closed: Some parks and park connectors
NParks yesterday (Apr 11) added to the number of park facilities that are closed. Parts of Jurong Lake Gardens and the lawn at Eco Lake in Singapore Botanic Gardens is now shut as well. MacRitchie TreeTop Walk, Southern Ridges could be closed too, according to NParks’ latest advisory.
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve: Closure of Exhibition Hall
- Jurong Lake Gardens: Closure of Lakeside Field, Butterfly Field, and the Oval
- Pulau Ubin: Closure of Nature Gallery, Chek Jawa Visitor Centre and Ubin camping areas and campsites
- Sembawang Hot Spring Park: Closure of hot spring stations
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: Closure of National Orchid Garden, Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden, Heritage Museum, Ethnobotany Centre, Library, CDL Green Gallery, Seed Bank and lawn at Eco Lake
- Sisters’ Islands Marine Park: Closure of Marine Park Public Gallery
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve Mangrove: Closure of Mangrove and Nature Galleries
- Some park connectors
Closed: Public fitness facilities, dog runs and more.
Public fitness and recreational facilities have been closed since the circuit breaker measures kicked in on Apr 7. These include fitness corners/stations, playgrounds/nature play gardens, dog runs, fishing areas, football fields and basketball/volleyball court facilities, and water play/water recreational facilities.
Open-air stadiums have been shut since Apr 10. Fifteen stadiums had initially remained open even as circuit breaker measures kicked in on Apr 7, but due to persistent crowds, they are now shut until further notice.
- Bedok Stadium
- Bishan Stadium
- Bukit Gombak Stadium
- Choa Chu Kang Stadium
- Clementi Stadium
- Home of Athletics
- Hougang Stadium
- Jurong West Stadium
- MOE (Evans) Stadium
- Queenstown Stadium
- Serangoon Stadium
- Toa Payoh Stadium
- Woodlands Stadium
- Yio Chu Kang Stadium
- Yishun Stadium