Advertisement

Seth Rogen Has No Plans To Work With Friend James Franco After Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Seth Rogen and James Franco's on-screen bromance has come to an end.

Seth Rogen "doesn't plan to" work with James Franco again after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

In a 2018 interview, Rogen, 39, said he would still work with Franco, 43, even though he was accused of inappropriate behaviour earlier that year by five women. But Rogen has now changed his mind.

Speaking to The Sunday Times Culture magazine, Rogen said, "I look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now."

In 2019, Franco and his partners at Playhouse West Studio 4 — which opened in 2014 but closed three years later — were hit by claims from two women that students at his acting school were sexually exploited. He later filed an objection, claiming the pair were "attention-hungry" and made "false and inflammatory" accusations for publicity.

The pair agreed to drop their individual claims after reaching a deal in February 2021, but elements of the lawsuit could live on in the future.

Last month, Charlyne Yi accused Franco of being a "sexual predator" and alleged Rogen has been his "enabler" during the making of 2017's The Disaster Artist.

She claimed on Instagram: "When I tried to break legal contract & quit Disaster Artist because James Franco is a sexual predator, they tried to bribe me with a bigger acting role.

"I cried and told them that that was the exact opposite of what I wanted, that I didn’t feel safe working with a f****** sexual predator."

When The Sunday Times asked about Yi's allegations, Rogen said: "What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that."

Rogen also admitted he "very much regrets" making a joke on Saturday Night Live about a 17-year-old girl's allegation that Franco had propositioned her on Instagram.

He added: "However, I do look back at a joke I made on Saturday Night Live in 2014 and I very much regret making that joke. It was a terrible joke, honestly."

Rogen and Franco first met on the 1999 high school drama Freaks and Geeks and have worked together on Pineapple Express, This Is the End, The Disaster Artist, and The Interview. — BANG SHOWBIZ

Photos: TPG News/Click Photos


Advertisement

Seen on instagram

As Seen On Instagram