South Korean actor Kim Woo-bin’s agency, SidusHQ, announced on Facebook on Oct 19 that he would be pulling out of all activities for the upcoming 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics and Paralympics to focus on his treatments for his nasopharynx cancer.
Woo bin, who was previously chosen as the honorary ambassador for the event in April, was diagnosed with nasopharynx cancer – a rare type of head and neck cancer that originates in the nasopharynx (the upper part of your throat that is behind your nose) a month later.
He has been receiving the appropriate radiation treatments “well” ever since and his agency has said that they would rather not have any projects lined up for him for now. Therefore, they have decided to sit out of the publicity activities and promotional events for the games as well as cancelling all his schedules for him until he has fully recovered.
Woo Bin has already completed his first round of chemotherapy since August. SidusHQ has assured fans that the 28-year-old actor was “currently doing very well” but said that they were “unable to give away any exact details on his treatment at the moment.”
“We cannot talk about the specific situation and the progress of the treatments in detail. However, we will make sure to talk about the exact condition once the treatment is over,” wrote his agency.
Woo Bin has halted all work activities following his diagnosis where his latest drama was Uncontrollably Fond in 2016.
The 2018 Winter Olympics will be held from Feb 9 to 25 next year.
Photo: PBE Media
Shin Mina “greatly affected” by news of boyfriend Kim Woo Bin’s sickness
Kim Woo Bin diagnosed with nasopharynx cancer
Kim Woo Bin Shares His Thoughts on Singing Career