Whether you’re planning on a quick long weekend jaunt or a soul-searching journey over a couple of weeks, we’ve got just the cheatsheet for you. Read this, then quickly go and ‘chope’ leave.
#1: For 3D/2N trips that don't require precious annual leave, travel over these long weekends
- Jan 1 (Mon): New Year’s Day
- Feb 16 to 17 (Fri to Sat): Chinese New Year
- Mar 30 (Fri): Good Friday
- Jun 15 (Fri): Hari Raya Puasa
#2: Take one day of leave on these days... in return for four days off
- Apr 30 (Public holiday: May 1, Tue, Labour Day)
- May 28 (PH: May 29, Tue, Vesak Day)
- Aug 10 (PH: Aug 9, Thur, National Day)
- Nov 5 (PH: Nov 6, Tue, Deepavali)
- Dec 24 (PH: Dec 25, Tue, Christmas Day)
#3: For super long breaks, these are the dates to pencil in
Aug 10, 13 to 17, 20, 21: Take eight days off work to enjoy a whopping 14-day break from Aug 9 to Aug 22 (Hari Raya Haji).
Dec 24, 26, 27 28, and 31: Five days off yield an 11-day holiday over the Christmas and New year period from Dec 22 to Jan 1, 2019.