Skip to main content

Peloton, Ryan Reynolds Remove Chris Noth Ad Following Sexual Assault Allegations Against Sex And The City Actor

The ‘Sex and the City’ actor has been accused of sexual assault by two women; the attacks allegedly happened in 2004 and 2015.

-min read
Peloton, Ryan Reynolds Remove Chris Noth Ad Following Sexual Assault Allegations Against Sex And The City Actor

Exercise equipment manufacturer Peloton and Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort marketing company have pulled the viral ad starring Chris Noth from its social media accounts following sexual assault allegations made against the Sex and the City actor in a report from The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday (Dec 16).

The Peloton ad, which went viral earlier this week, pokes fun at the shocking death of Noth’s character, John J Preston, aka Mr Big, after taking a 45-minute Peloton class on And Just Like That…, the sequel series to Sex and the City.

The 35-sec commercial was quickly produced over the weekend to the tune of US$80,000 (S$110,000) after the Dec 9 premiere of And Just Like That… by Ryan Reynolds’ marketing company Maximum Effort. Reynolds, too, has scrubbed the ad from his social media.

“Every single sexual assault accusation must be taken seriously,” Peloton said in a statement to news outlets. “We were unaware of these allegations when we featured Chris Noth in our response to HBO’s reboot. As we seek to learn more, we have stopped promoting this video and archived related social posts.”

The purge came shortly after The Hollywood Reporter ran a feature where two women claimed that they were sexually assaulted by Noth. In the story, the women — who were identified by pseudonyms Zoe and Lily — came forward to the publications separately, months apart and do not know each other. They said they were triggered by the promotions and press reports for And Just Like That…

Zoe, 40, claimed she was attacked by The Good Wife actor in Los Angeles 2004, while Lily, 31, said she was raped in New York in 2015.

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” said Noth, 67, in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”

Noth has been married to Tara Wilson since 2012. They have two sons, one is 13 years old, the other, one.

Photo: TPG News/Click Photos


Want More? Check These Out

You May Also Like