Singaporean actress Selena Tan has been 'invited' to a star-studded wedding — on screen, that is.
The Dim Sum Dollies star has started filming Shotgun Wedding, the upcoming Hollywood action-comedy starring Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel, who replaced original lead Armie Hammer after he quit over a sex scandal last month.
Per Deadline, the movie follows Grace (Lopez) and Tom (Duhamel) as they gather their lovable but very opinionated families for the ultimate destination wedding just as the couple begins to get cold feet. And if that wasn’t enough of a threat to the celebration, suddenly everyone’s lives are in danger when the entire party is taken hostage. “Til Death Do Us Part” takes on a whole new meaning in this hilarious, adrenaline-fueled adventure as Grace and Tom must save their loved ones — if they don’t kill each other first.
The movie, which is helmed by Jason Moore (2012’s Pitch Perfect), is currently filming in the Dominican Republic.
Tan’s role is that of Marge, the boss of the wedding resort in the Philippines. The cast also includes rocker Lenny Kravitz as Sean, the globetrotting ex of Grace; Cheech Marin as Grace’s father, Robert, and The Good Place’s D’Arcy Carden as Robert’s new wife Harriet.
Tan, 50, shared the news of the project on Instagram on Monday (Feb 15). “Hello Dominican Republic!,” she wrote. “Did my first Covid test this morning and now if all is good by end of today, I shall be cleared to work!”
Tan left for the Caribbean country on Feb 13. "Eeks this marks the start of a new adventure," she wrote in an Instagram post. "On board a flight in these terrible times but I think it is going to be fun."
Tan, who made her Hollywood debut as Alix Young in Crazy Rich Asians (which also involves an epic wedding), said she auditioned for Shotgun Wedding in November. In an interview with CNA Lifestyle, she said, “I’m super excited to be in the movie. I’m still pinching myself here in disbelief!
Shotgun Wedding made the headlines last month when Hammer bowed out of the production amid allegations by various women that he had sexually abused them. The scandal has also forced The Social Network star to exit The Offer, a mini-series at Paramount Plus about the making of The Godfather.
Photo: TPG News/Click Photos