Think of this as a riff on your favourite soft-boiled egg breakfast. So easy to make, so pretty, and so yummy. The lush avocado flesh melds smoothly with gooey egg. And it's all incredibly nutritious, too. If you’re not watching your waistline, mop it all up with crisp strips of fried bacon.
2 large avocadoes
4 tsp light soy sauce
ground white pepper, to taste
2 tbsp furikake (Japanese seasoning flakes); or as much as you like
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking pan with foil.
2. Slice avocados in half and remove seeds. Scoop out a little of the avocado flesh so that the eggs will fit in the cavities.
3. Place the avocado halves on the baking pan.
4. Fill each avocado cavity with 1 tsp of soy sauce and a sprinkle of pepper.
5. Break one egg into a small bowl and carefully tip the egg into one avocado half.
6. Repeat to fill the rest of the avocados.
7. Bake in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes for a wobbly yolk.
8. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with furikake and serve immediately with toast or bacon