- 2 bread rolls
- 7 prawns, deshelled and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 3+2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- A knob of unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 chili padi, sliced
- 4 steamed salted egg yolks, mashed
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Rocket leaves
1. In one small bowl, place the beaten eggs, and in another small bowl place the two flours in and mix well. Set aside
2. Dip the chopped prawns in the eggs followed by coating them in the flour mix. Set aside
3. In a wok, heat 3 tbsp oil and shallow-fry the prawns until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
4. In the same wok, heat the butter and 2 tbsp oil. Add in the chilli padi, curry leaves, garlic and shallots. Fry till fragrant.
5. Add in the mashed salted yolks and fry until foamy
6. Season with fish sauce, sugar and turmeric
7. Turn off the heat and add in the prawns. Mix well to coat the prawns evenly. Fill the bread rolls, top with ebiko and serve with a side of rocket salad!