Makes 2 steaks
• 2 thick slices cauliflower
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ cup hazelnuts, halved
• 2/3 cups walnuts
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
• 1 cup rocket leaves
• 1 cup coriander leaves
• 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• a spritz of lemon juice
• ½ tsp salt
• 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Make the pesto first. Place walnuts and garlic in a food processor. Blend until slightly powdery.
2. Add rocket and coriander leaves, and blend again.
3. Add olive oil, lemon juice and salt, and blend to a thick puree. Add Parmesan cheese and blitz again. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Store pesto in an airtight glass jar, and pour a little more extra virgin olive oil over the top so that it forms a thin layer above the pesto. The pesto can be kept in the fridge for up to three days.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C on the fan setting.
6. Place cauliflower slices on a foil-lined baking tray and drizzle olive oil over. Take about half a cup of pesto and rub both sides of the steaks with it.
7. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender. During the last five minutes of roasting, add hazelnuts to the pan.
8. Once the hazelnuts are golden, remove the tray from the oven and transfer the steaks and hazelnuts to serving plates.
9. Drizzle each steak with a little more pesto, and serve immediately.