• 2 cups goat’s milk
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ cup cooked beetroot, diced
• ¼ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans or cashews)
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve over running water for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour milk into a heavy-bottom saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir using a wooden spoon, gently scraping the bottom of the pan so the milk doesn’t stick.
3. When the milk comes to a simmer (in about 10 minutes), pour in quinoa and let it simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon.
5. Let the quinoa simmer on low again for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally till the quinoa absorbs all the liquid and becomes tender.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with beetroot and chopped nuts.