Serves: 2 to 4
• 500g frozen frog legs, thawed
• 2 tbsp cooking oil
• 3 sprigs spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
• 10 dried chillies, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp minced ginger
• coriander leaves, to garnish
• 4 red chillies, chopped
For the marinade
• 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 tsp corn starch
• ½ tsp salt
For the sauce
• 150ml chicken stock
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add frog legs. Toss so that frog legs are coated evenly, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add dried chillies and stir-fry for about 1 minute or till they darken in colour. Add spring onions, red chillies, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
4. Add frog legs and stir-fry till they are lightly caramelised and almost cooked.
5. Pour the sauce into the pan and stir for another minute, or until frog legs are completely cooked.
6. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.